Be Amorgos is founded on the extensive international expertise of Gerard Doolin
Gerard is an internationally experienced senior legal counsel and negotiator, who has over 20 years refined his experience in relation to the development, use and provision of technology systems. In particular he has engaged in technology consulting, development, and implementation and outsourced services engagements.
He has worked for 2 global IT consultancy groups and represented other global and SME providers, users, investors and early stage companies engaging with business teams in the ANZ, Asia-Pacific, North American, UK and European markets.
Working in the context of international business negotiation and its culture has given him deep expertise concerning:
- Technology solutions and their architecture
- Aligning technical delivery context with commercial, financial and legal risks in contractual outcomes
- Managing relationships, negotiating desired contractual outcomes, creating related processes and mitigating conflict
- Promptly adapting to culture, people, the tech context and the challenges, and with drive and energy, gain ‘buy-in’ to collaborative contractual solutions.
His international experience includes:
- 5 years as the Senior Negotiation lead (dependent customised vendor software solutions and telco services for outsourcing client delivery) for EDS Australia in Sydney
- 5 years for the Accenture group – Accenture Australia and 4 years as Deputy UK Counsel for Avanade UK
- 3 years in a 2-man specialist IT providers legal practice group at Bird & Bird LLP (formerly Truman Hoyle Partners) in Sydney
- Acting Head of Legal for a specialist Energy/FS/Technology systems management consultancy, Baringa Partners LLP in London
His qualifications include: